Terry Mardi (Managing Director)
Terry Mardi is a serial music and media entrepreneur whose companies have been building credible relationships with global Youth markets using music since 1999. Chairman & Founder of Terry Mardi Group – a group of companies that focus on South Asian talent, content and youth communications. Terry Mardi’s first UK company (1999) Br-Asian Media, simply dreamt of placing South Asians on the music Industry and consumer media map and to create equality for Asians in Britain. Today his vision is close to being realised globally. Music has always remained at the centre of all TMG ventures.
Short List of some Past endeavours:
• Produced the 1st Ever UK Asian Music Awards on ITV1 (UK National Mainstream Terrestrial TV) Achieving over 1.1 million viewers.
• Sponsored, Produced and Programmed the first and second Asian Stage at Glastonbury where over 25 bands of South Asian origin were able to perform at Glastonbury festival in 2004 and 2005.
• Produced, Programmed and co-founded the first Asian Beats Chart on mainstream UK music television channels, Channel 4’s; 4 Music, Kiss TV and The Box in 2012.
• Founded the first ever Platform for licensed Asian Digital Mobile Content on Br-Asian Mobile to Orange, O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile, Three and other networks globally.
• Co-Creator of Br-Asian Beats Online and then Desi Hits! iTunes Store; which were the worlds 1st and 2nd dedicated digital platforms for Asian Music.
• Packaged and took-to-market pop music artists of South Asian (Desi) origin into the Top 10 UK Charts such as Raghav and Jay Sean creating various promotion platforms to help achieve mainstream chart success.
Laurence Aston (Business Affairs Director)
Laurence Aston is manager and business affairs adviser to several leading composers of screen music, including the distinguished Polish film composer Zbigniew Preisner and the young British composer Adrian Sutton, creator of the music for the National Theatre production of ‘War Horse’. He is also business affairs adviser to the Grammy and Academy Award-winning singer Jennifer Warnes. Alongside his composer management business, Aston has set up First Name Music, a boutique music publishing company for screen and theatre composers. Aston is currently a Visiting Professor at the Royal College of Music, London, where he gives music business seminars to post-graduates in screen composition.
Simon Platz (Managing Director: Bucks Music Group)
Simon Platz is Managing Director of Bucks Music Group Ltd and has 20 years of experience in international music publishing. Simon joined the family firm of Essex Music in 1984. Essex was founded by Howie Richmond (US) and Simon’s father David in the 1950’s. The Essex catalogue of titles by the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Marc Bolan and Joe Cocker form the backbone of Bucks Music Group’s current operation. Essex was demerged soon after Simon joined and Bucks Music became the Platz company moving forward. Bucks Music now has wholly owned companies throughout the world and has a varied roster of composers covering all types of music genre from Drum and Bass to Jazz and Media music. Bucks’ recent Ivor Novello successes include: Beautiful Liar by Amanda Ghost & Beyonce; You’re Beautiful by Amanda Ghost, Sacha Skarbek & James Blunt; and Elizabeth by Rob Lane.
Simon has expanded Bucks business specifically in the areas of television and film music rights. Simon is a founding member of the PRS Media committee, he is on the board of the Music Publishers Association and he is a board Director for both PRS and MCPS.
Sarah Liversedge (Director of A&R: Bucks Music Group)
Sarah studied music composition at Bath Spa University acquiring a First Class BA Honours degree. Sarah’s TV media career kicked off as a Floor Manager for UK Television. She then side-stepped into a TV Researcher role for BBC TV and after only a few years in this position was promoted to Programme Liaison Executive for BBCWW Music, the commercial arm of the BBC. In 2000, Sarah was appointed Deputy Head of Music Publishing at BBC WW Music. In this role, Sarah played a major part in developing and expanding what became a multimillion pound business and one of the leading media music publishing companies in the UK.
Sarah is co-founder of The Movement, an organisation which nurtures and develops unbeatable, innovative and creative urban forces of young and talented producers and songwriters: http://www.themovement.uk.com. Sarah has been a member of the PRS Media Committee for the last 8 years and she is also a Board Director for Heart ‘n Soul, one of the UK’s leading arts organisations. Led by artists with learning disabilities, they create original music, theatre, dance, digital art, films, visual arts, clubs and participatory cultural events, which give a voice to learning disability culture. Sarah has recently joined the MPA’s, Pop Publisher’s Committee.
Sarah’s extensive experience within the music and media industry has provided her with strong relations in Film, TV and Radio production companies and with producers, directors, agents, managers, publishers, labels, media composers and songwriters.
Creative (Bucks Music Group)
- • Head of Creative: Jonathan Tester
- • Creative Assistant: Lindsey Smith
- • Head of Recordings: Ronen Guha
- • A&R Manager: Harri Davies
- • Digital Coordinator: Stephen Mitchell
Licensing & Copyright (Bucks Music Group)
- • Head of Copyright: Shaun Hendry
- • Copyright Assistant: Sarah-Nell Moullier
- • Licensing Manager: Anna Dueweke
Accounts & Royalties (Bucks Music Group)
- • Head of Financial Affairs: John Attwood
- • Finance Assistant: Michael Attwood
- • Royalties Manager/Head of IT: Nicholina Lutterodt
- • Royalties Assistant: Carly Snellgrove
- • Accounts Assistant: Tracy Reynolds